How to interview your interviewers
- When you were last interviewing, what were some of your other options, and what made you choose this company?
- What is the most fulfilling/exciting/technically complex project that you’ve worked on here so far?
- What is something you wish were different about your job?
- How often have you moved teams? What made you join the team you’re on right now? If you wanted to move teams, what would need to happen?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What is your stack?
- What is the rationale for/story behind this specific stack?
- How often do you add new tools to the mix?
- Do you tend to roll your own solutions more often or rely on third party tools? What’s the rationale in a specific case?
- What kind of test coverage do you have?
- Would you describe your engineering culture as more pragmatic or more theoretical?
- What portion of your time is spent working on new stuff rather than iterating on existing stuff?
- How long are your release cycles?
- What’s been the worst technical fuckup that’s happened in the recent past? How did you guys deal with it? What changes were implemented afterwards to make sure it doesn't happen again?